The leads from FreeDogz are made from Biothane, a synthetic leather substitute that is widely used in equestrian sports.
Biothane has a number of advantages:
- Always supple, regardless of the temperature
- Does not absorb moisture or dirt, so does not become heavier as a result of water or mud
- Easy to clean, simply rinse it under the tap and it’s ready for use
- Very strong
FreeDogz leads are made using stitches instead of rivets to ensure extra strong connections.
The standard leads are made in 13mm and 19mm widths, and in different colours. They both have the same strength in cm2.
Tracking leads are typically available in bright, neon colours. However if you would like a tracking lead in another colour, then leave a comment with the name of the desired colour in the comments section when placing your order.
If you desire a different length than those available, please contact us before placing an order.
Comparison of different materials:
- Standard 19 mm: 54 gram/m – 1000 pound tear resistance per inch
- Standard 13 mm: 37 gram/m – 1000 pound tear resistance per inch
- Super Flex 13 mm: 21 gram/m – 1000 pound tear resistance per inch
- Ultra Thin 13 mm: 11 gram/m – 500 pound tear resistance per inch