The leads from FreeDogz are made from Biothane, a synthetic leather substitute that is widely used in equestrian sports.
Biothane has a number of advantages:
- Always supple, regardless of the temperature
- Does not absorb moisture or dirt, so does not become heavier as a result of water or mud
- Easy to clean, simply rinse it under the tap and it’s ready for use
- Very strong
FreeDogz leads are made using stitches instead of rivets to ensure extra strong connections.
Super Flex 13mm:
The Super Flex leads are only available in 13mm and in neon orange.
These leads have a thinner coating than the Standard lines. They are equally strong, but thinner and lighter in weight. This makes them an ideal choice for smaller dogs.
If you desire a different length than those available, please contact us before placing an order.
Comparison of different materials:
- Standard 19 mm: 54 gram/m – 1000 pound tear resistance per inch
- Standard 13 mm: 37 gram/m – 1000 pound tear resistance per inch
- Super Flex 13 mm: 21 gram/m – 1000 pound tear resistance per inch
- Ultra Thin 13 mm: 11 gram/m – 500 pound tear resistance per inch